Monday 25 March 2019

LEARNZ video chat

On the 19th March we had a video chat with LEARNZ. We were talking about our waterways in Canterbury. Our water comes from the rivers and aquifers. One thing they talked about was desalination. Desalination is when salt water is turned to fresh water through an expensive and complicated process.

Another interesting thing was when they explained fossil water. Fossil water is when there is water deep, deep, deep under the ground, when is taken out it cannot be filled again. Where as ground water never runs out because of the water cycle is on going. One thing that I never knew was that there's a minimum flow for rivers. I found the video chat with LEARNZ interesting. 

Thank you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

my 3d shape

Kia ora. This is my pyramid i made during maths. In Maths we have learning about 2d and 3d shapes. As you can see my pyramid has 4 fac...